* * * * *
As predicted, Ernesto is a dog of a storm yet the media STILL loves it and are still attempting to pump it up. Here are some current headlines regarding the storm now classified as a Tropical Storm:
- Ernesto heads for Florida, likely to strengthen -MSNBC
- Residents warned storm can do damage regardless if it becomes hurricane -MSNBC
- Poised to take on south Florida, Tropical Storm Ernesto intensified slightly early today CNN
- Rain from Tropical Storm Ernesto swept across parts of the vulnerable Florida Keys on Tuesday morning -Fox News
- Ernesto Forces Space Shuttle Inside - You, Too, Can Be A Weatherman -CBSNews
The last one is my favorite becasue CBS used an Ernesto story to pitch a product advertised by a sponsor of their website!
I think I will add news headlines to more of my current event type of blog entries. Headlines help me, and probably others, understand why we seem to live in a world of doom and gloom all the time. Is it really necessary to be so negative you media people?
Why not have headlines like:
- GREAT NEWS! Ernesto is downgraded (again)!
- Ernesto, the hurricane that couldn't
- Ernesto not likely to cause too much damage